Sunday 10 February 2013

A Good Read

I like to read. Something which made me a bit 'weird' on secondary school, but something, I'd like to think, that helped my writing/creative skills. Also, of course my grammar. Nothing is more displeasing than seeing bad grammar in a published book. 

I rarely read any more (I think this is because  my brain can't handle unnecessary information that has nothing to do with my A-levels) but I do enjoy books. I always sit at a table when I am eating at home so that I can read whilst I eat; a habit that has been passed down from my Mam to me and my sister. I haven't read the 'Classics' like Jane Austin books, or anything by the Bronte sisters - I prefer rom-coms. My favourite author is Sophie Kinsella/Madeline Wickham. Her books are witty,fun and always have an unexpected ending. How will Becky pull of two weddings? Will Lexi get her memory back? You can never guess what's going to happen next, but it is guaranteed to be clever and funny! The shopaholic series are great books and if rom-com books are for you, I highly recommend these books! 

Another series I enjoyed was the Georgia Nicholson books by Louise Rennison, (Angus, thongs and full-frontal snogging...). As a young teenager these books were a fabulous read and I still quite enjoy them now. Me and my friend used to use the 'Snogging Scale' and all the terminology to go with it. It was a fun phase. Another phase was the Twilight Series. As a lot of other teenage girls did, I became slightly obsessed ... yes, I know. I still think they are interesting books and the films are good but I've stopped dressing all in black and having bright red hair haha!

The point of this post is that, I like reading, and I know I have some readers out there! So I would like to know of some good books -any genre, I'm open to suggestion, as I am running out of unread books on my shelf and I'm looking for something to fulfil my literary hunger. 

Comment with you ideas pleaseeeeeeeeee 
(Any good French books are appreciated, also.)
From the girl with her head in the books :)

No comments:

Post a Comment