Thursday 31 January 2013

Fashion, turn to the left!

My second sub-topic to my 'Sixth Form'  post.

I still haven't decided if fashion is important when going to sixth form. (This is assuming that you're sixth form doesn't have a uniform.) I mean, don't get me wrong, I think it's important to dress as you feel comfortable and wear what you want, but at Sixth form (well, at mine) there is a lot more people that you don't know. And when meeting new people you want to make a good impression, usually through words and appearance. Since most of these people aren't in your classes  and you may never have a conversation with them, the only way to make an impression is to look good and have personal style.

Most girls wear jeans I think. Including myself. I think jeans are safe. You can wear any shoes, any top and any coat with jeans. They are practical for cold weather which is essential in the North East of England. The thing that sets them apart from leggings is that they are never see through. Never. Leggings can sometimes betray you  in this department (curse you wet look leggings. And you Primark leggings). So we tend to stick to jeans.

Occasionally, some of us will wear skirts. Skirts are nice to wear because they are quite cute. You can wear ballerina pumps with them and look smart or wear vans/converse with them and give it some edge. The same can be done with dresses.

There are those who are especially brave and very rarely wear jeans or leggings. Even in extreme weather. Shorts are a big part of Sixth form. And as girls you can not judge other girls for doing it, because you secretly want to be able to get away with it. Shorts in the snow. Very impractical! But looks kinda great with wellies and knee high socks :/. NVM.

You go through some days where you don't care about what you wear and other days you will obsess over it. It can depend on weather, mood or even the classes you have that day (or more importantly, who is in your classes that day ;)). Teehee.

So I think you should decide for yourself what to wear and what you feel comfortable wearing each day. I mean, if you feel good you look good. And you can tell. 

Im not a fashion guru, or a life coach
Im a teenager 
So trust me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment